Osun Security: Governor Adeleke, New Police CP Seek Peace Building, State Reconciliation
● Governor Adeleke Lists Five Requests
● I will Drive a New Beginning – CP Ibrahim D. Zungura Governor Ademola Adeleke and the Osun state police command today held a new partnership meeting with the governor listing five requests for the police command to fulfil as a path to restoring peace and normalcy to Osun political space.
The newly posted police commissioner, Ibrahim.D. Zungura in company of top officials of the state police command paid the governor a courtesy visit on his assumption of office, promising to restore faith in police among Osun people and serve Osun people for impartial law and order.
“I promise to work with the state government for peace and stability of the state. I will be fair to all and I will prove my commitment in the next few weeks. Osun is a peaceful state and we will work to address all outstanding issues”, the CP Zungura declared.
The state governor in his response recalled that our state has passed through turbulent times, noting that “post-election peace is yet to be fully restored. A police operation today claimed two lives at Ikire. Your DPO for Ikire was fingered.
“Based on all details of the attacks, I request immediate commencement of disciplinary action against the DPO. He has become a threat to the people he was posted to protect.
“Our government is pushing to establish post- election peace and reconciliation initiatives. I have extended an olive branch to all stakeholders. You are posted to Osun at a very auspicious time. The police - civilian relationship is at the lowest ebb. The trust level is very disturbing.
“I therefore have specific requests as part of our efforts to consolidate peace and state reconciliation:
“Let us rebuild public trust in the police. You must make deliberate efforts to remove many areas of current police conduct that paints it as partisan and anti-people;
“Let's strengthen the closer working relationship between the state government and the state police command. The government under my watch seeks no favour other than fair policing. Your partnership with our government for rule of law is solicited.
“Reorganise internal workings and operations of the state police command. I know you will be worried that Osun people see certain police units as the home base of APC thugs. There is a need to dissolve many police operational units because they have been compromised.
“Let us strengthen state security by full police participation at the State Security Council meetings. The last time your predecessor attended a state security council meeting was in 2024.
“I also call for the release of several Accord members arrested and indeterminate as political detainees. Further arrests of our members should also stop”, the governor said, promising that “Our government is ready to support police operations without any string attached. What we seek is fair policing”, the governor noted
Signed:
Mallam Olawale Rasheed,
Spokesperson to the State Governor.
Comments
Post a Comment